17th Annual Jukebox Comedy Tournament
We are excited to get our annual comedy tournament underway! Here are the rules and how to enter one of the Midwest’s most prestigious amateur tournaments!
Who can enter: Amateurs only
- Each entrant will perform in ONE preliminary round
- Preliminary rounds will be held on Wednesday nights from July 25 – August 29
- Showtime will be 8 pm, Doors will open at 7 pm. You must arrive early.
- The Top 3 scores from each preliminary round will advance to one of the 2 semi-final rounds.
- 2 “Wild Cards” will also make the semi-finals.
- Preliminary round contestants must perform between 4 and 6 minutes
- Audience tickets will be $5 and available on our website.
- Will be held on Friday, August 31st at 7:30 pm and 9:45 pm.
- The top 4 scores from each round will move onto the finals.
- Semi-final contestants must perform between 6 and 8 minutes.
- Audience tickets will be $10 and available on our website.
The Final Round:
- Will be held on Saturday, September 1st at 8 pm. Doors will open at 7 pm.
- Finals contestants must perform between 8 and 10 minutes.
- Audience tickets will be $12 and available on our website.
- $15 and must be pre-paid.
*If you are unable to pre-pay online, please choose the pay with cash option and make arrangements immediately with Dan for in-person payment.
IMPORTANT!! In the comment section:
- List the city in which you currently live
- If there is a Wednesday between July 25 – August 29 that you CANNOT perform, you need to include those dates in the comment section.
Judges will score each round of the tournament based on audience response, stage presence, originality, and overall comedy-writing abilities.
- In the preliminary rounds, audience response will make up 50% of the score.
- In the semi-finals and finals, audience response will make up 25% of the score
- 95% of the entry fees will be paid back to the top 5 finalists. The final amount will be based on the number of entrants.
- The top 5 in the finals will receive a 10-minute guest set on a mutually-agreed-upon show between September 10th and the end of the year.
There will be a maximum of 60 entries. Be sure to enter ASAP to ensure a spot. Once entries have been completed, preliminary round line-ups will be posted in the Central Illinois Comics page on Facebook (no later than July 22nd) and later, on our website under the date of performance. If the field is not full, we will continue taking entries even after the tournament starts.
For additional questions, please contact Dan at email@example.com .
|Tournament Entry (2018 Summer Tournament)||$15|