18th Annual Jukebox Comedy Tournament Details and Sign Up!
We are excited to get our annual comedy tournament underway! Here are the rules and how to enter one of the Midwest’s most prestigious amateur tournaments!
Who can enter: Amateurs Only!
- Each entrant will perform in ONE preliminary round
- This preliminary round will be held on Wednesday, August 28th
- Showtime will be 8 pm, Doors will open at 7 pm.
- The Top 2 scores from this preliminary round will advance to one of the 2 semi-final rounds on Friday, August 30th.
- 2 “Wild Cards” will also make the semi-finals.
- Preliminary round contestants must perform between 4 and 6 minutes
- Audience tickets will be $5 and available on our website.
- Will be held on Friday, August 30th at 7:30 pm and 9:45 pm.
- The top 4 scores from each round will move onto the finals on Saturday, August 31st.
- Semi-final contestants must perform between 6 and 8 minutes.
- Audience tickets will be $10 and available on our website.
The Final Round:
- Will be held on Saturday, August 31st at 8 pm. Doors will open at 7 pm.
- Finals contestants must perform between 8 and 10 minutes.
- Audience tickets will be $12 and available on our website.
ENTRY FEE: $20 and must be pre-paid.
*If you are unable to pre-pay online, please choose the pay with cash option and make arrangements immediately with Dan for in-person payment.
Judges will score each round of the tournament based on audience response, stage presence, originality, and overall comedy-writing abilities.
- In the preliminary rounds, audience response will make up 50% of the score.
- In the semi-finals and finals, audience response will make up 25% of the score
- 95% of the entry fees will be paid back to the finalists. Final amount will be based on the number of entrants.
- The top 5 in the finals will receive a 10-minute guest set on a mutually-agreed-upon show between September 6thand the end of the year.
There will be a maximum of 60 entries. Be sure to enter ASAP to secure a spot. Once entries have been completed, preliminary round line-ups will be posted in the Central Illinois Comics page on Facebook and on our website under the date of performance. If the field is not full, we will continue taking entries even after the tournament starts
For additional questions, please contact Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org
All sales are final, tickets are non-refundable.
If your plans change and you are unable to attend the show your reserved for, please let us know. When possible, we will provide a 30-day ticket credit for an upcoming non-special event show for cancellations made 3 or more hours in advance of your showtime by emailing us at email@example.com. If you would like to transfer your tickets to a different name, let us know by calling (309) 673-5853.