September 1, 2021 7:00 pm Jukebox Comedy Club, Peoria, IL
20th Annual Jukebox Comedy Club Tournament Details and Sign Up!
We are READY to bring you one of the best amateur comedy tournaments in the country! Here are the
rules and how to enter our historic TWENTIETH annual tourney!
Who can enter: Amateurs Only! If you get semi-regular or consistent paid gigs, this tournament isn’t for YOU.
- Each entrant will perform in ONE preliminary round
- Preliminary rounds will be the FOUR Wednesdays in August and the first Wed. of September of 2021
- Showtime will be 8 p.m. Doors will open at 7 p.m. Arrive as EARLY as possible after 7 p.m.
- The top scores from each preliminary round will advance to one of the 2 semi-final rounds on Friday, Sept. 3rd
- Preliminary round contestants must perform between 4 and 6 minutes
- Audience tickets will be $5 and available on our website.
- Will be held on Friday, Sept. 3rd at 7:30 p.m. and 9:45 p.m.
- The top 5 scores from each semi-final round will advance to the finals on Saturday, Sept. 4th
- Semi-final contestants must perform between 6 and 8 minutes.
- Audience tickets will be $10 and available on our website.
The Final Round:
- Will be held on Saturday, Sept. 4th at 8 p.m. Doors will open at 7 p.m.
- Finals contestants must perform between 8 and 10 minutes.
- Audience tickets will be $12 and available on our website.
ENTRY FEE: $20 and must be pre-paid.
*If you are unable to pre-pay online, please choose the pay with cash option and make arrangements immediately with Dan for in-person payment.
Judges will be past tourney champions and finalists and various “super fans.” They will score each round of the tournament
based on audience response, stage presence, originality, and overall comedy-writing abilities.
- In the preliminary rounds, audience response will make up 50% of the score.
- In the semi-finals and finals,
audience response will make up 25% of the score
- 95% of the entry fees will be paid back to the finalists. The final amount will be based on the number of entrants.
- The top 5 in the finals will also receive a 10-minute guest set on a mutually agreed upon show before year’s end
There will be a maximum of 60 entries. Be sure to secure your spot ASAP! Once entries have been completed, preliminary round line-ups will begin being posted on the Central Illinois Comics page on Facebook and on our website under the date of performance. If the field is not full, we will continue taking entries even after the tournament starts.
For additional questions, please contact Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are excited to get our annual comedy tournament underway! Here are the rules and how to enter one of the Midwest’s most prestigious amateur tournaments!
|2021 Tournament Entry||$20|
If this show is not sold out, tickets can be purchased online up to one hour before the start of the event. Walk-ins are welcome as long as seats are available.
All entries are final and are non-refundable.